Cincinnati Cyclones Frozen 5K/10K
Cincinnati Cyclones Frozen 5K/10K
Check back soon for 2018 Information!
The Cincinnati Cyclones are very proud to present the Cincinnati Cyclones Frozen 5K & 10K. This unique winter race takes you on a course along the Banks of the Ohio River and through Cincinnati’s Transit Center underneath second street! Join Twister, our Zamboni driver, and thousands of other brave souls as we achieve our New Years resolutions.
Every Participant Will Receive:
- Long Sleeve Tech Shirt (Order in advance online to guarantee your shirt)
- Hot Chocolate After The Race
- 1 Cyclones Voucher Good For Any 2017-18 Regular Season Home Game
- SWAG From Our Partners & Snacks/Drinks After The Race!
- January 1 - February 3: $35 (5K) / $40 (10K)
Packet pickup will be located inside U.S. Bank Arena on the Plaza level behind section 102. In addition to the times below, runners may pick up their packets at the same location during the hockey games on Thursday, February 2 and Friday, February 3. However, you must have a ticket to the game to enter the Arena after 6pm. Packets will be available until the end of the second intermission at both games.
- Thursday, February 2 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Friday, February 3 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, February 4 7:00am - 8:30am
(Race starts at 9:00am SHARP and is approximately a 5 minute walk from the Arena)
Roads begin to close at 8:00am, so come early!
Parking: You are welcome to park on the Northern lane of Mehring Way next to U.S. Bank Arena on Thursday and Friday for free (prior to 6pm). Enter the Security Entrance at the corner of Mehring Way and Old Broadway and take the elevator to the 4th floor (Plaza Level).
On-Site Registration (behind section 105): We will offer limited on-site registration on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning. Stop by the registration table should you still need to register.
1) Bib Pickup (behind section 104): This is the first place you need to go. Bibs will be sorted alphabetically by your last name (regardless of which race you are doing). Your voucher for the Cyclones game will be included in this packet. Go to the next station to pick up the items you registered for. You will need to mark them all off the label on your bib envelope.
--The only thing you need in order to run the race is your bib. Stations 2-5 will remain open at U.S. Bank Arena on Saturday until 11am, so if there is a line you can come back after the race--
2) Packet Pickup (behind section 101): Come here second. Show the person at the table your bib envelope to mark it & you will receive your packet.
3) Extra Voucher Pickup (behind section 139): Only come here if you purchased additional vouchers to the game. Show the person at the table your bib envelope so that they can verify the number of vouchers you registered for.
4) T-Shirt Pickup (behind section 138): Show the person at the table your bib envelope so that they can verify the t-shirt size you registered for. If you do not pick up your shirt prior to the race we can not guarantee your size. We will not be able to exchange sizes until after the race to give everyone a chance to get the shirt size they registered for.
5) Bag Check (Cyclones Booth behind section 137): Tear off the bag check tab off your bib and give it the person at the bag check booth along with your bag. The tab has your bib number on it, so that is how we will identify your bag when you return. Please use the bag you receive at Packet Pickup!
The start line will be near Main Street on Mehring Way, just a short walk from U.S. Bank Arena. Please allow extra time if you are picking up your packet the morning of the race.
From The Plaza Level (Packet Pickup): Please take the steps located at the south western corner of Great American Ballpark or the steps located on the south side of U.S. Bank Arena to Mehring Way. You will see the start line at the corner of Main & Mehring next to the Ballpark.
- 10K and 5K (Runners and Walkers) will start together at 9:00am sharp. We ask that walkers start in the back. The split for 10K runners will occur on Freedom Way at about Mile 3.
- Running Strollers are permitted. Please be mindful of your starting position.
- All runners will receive a voucher good for any 2016-17 regular season Cincinnati Cyclones Game. These vouchers must be redeemed for tickets at the U.S. Bank Arena Box Office.
- A Bag Check will be offered at the Finish Line (inside U.S. Bank Arena) from 7:30am - 11:00am on race day. Feel free to drop off your jackets, cell phones, keys, and any other personal belongings free of charge! Please use the bag given at the packet pickup table for your belongings. We will have your bag ready for you inside U.S. Bank Arena at the Cyclones Information Booth when you finish.
- The race will be chip timed. Your chip will be attached to your bib.
- Restrooms will be available inside U.S. Bank Arena as early as 7am prior to the race. A few portalets will be available near the corner of Mehring Way and Main (the start line) as well.
- Registrations are non-refundable. Transfers may be accepted up to 30 days prior to the event.
- Results from previous years can be found here: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 5K, 2017 10K
Official Training Partner
Join the area’s premier Training Group as it prepares for Spring ½ and Full Marathons! Tri-State Running Company has training groups in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati/Mariemont. Training Groups start in January! Click here for more information