McLeod Goes to AHL-Condors
Cyclones forward Matt McLeod has signed a Professional Tryout (PTO) with the Bakersfield Condors in the AHL. This is the second PTO McLeod has signed at the AHL level during his career and first with the Edmonton Oilers' AHL affiliate.
In other transaction news, the Cyclones have received defenseman Wyatt Ege back from his loan to the Rochester Americans.
- McLeod, 25, becomes the 12th different player from the Cyclones roster this season to receive an AHL call-up.
- The North York, Ontario native scored nine goals while posting 17 points in 30 games with Cincinnati this season. McLeod is tied for third on the Cyclones in goals scored, and has the second highest plus/minus rating among forwards on the team (+10). He registered seven points over his last nine games before earning this promotion.
- McLeod arrived in the Queen City following a rookie season with the now defunct-Brampton Beast, where he tallied eight points in 33 games during the 2019-20 ECHL season.
- Before turning pro, McLeod skated in 124 games for Canisius College, where he obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Finance.
- Matt is the oldest of three brothers, with both of his younger siblings currently playing in the NHL. Michael McLeod is with the New Jersey Devils, while his youngest brother, Ryan, is currently with Edmonton and began the season skating for Bakersfield.
Stay tuned all season for updates on important events, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!